Wednesday, April 10, 2013

11 Months

Willow is growing fast!  These days it seems as though she is 1/2 baby and 1/2 toddler.  We're going full-on with solids; she loves bananas, hummus, apples, winter squash, olives, beans, yogurt, cottage cheese, pears...  you name it!  Pretty much the only food that we are holding back (besides stuff loaded with sugar) is meat.  It's a little hard to digest and want to give her tummy a bit more time to mature.  Of course she still nurses, but it seems like that time is coming to a close as my milk plummets the more solids she takes in.  I will miss it, certainly, but I am looking forward to the freedom that weening brings.

 Willow's trying olives.  Mmmmm!



Watching your baby grow up is both a joy and a little sad.  I remember when she could fit completely on my fore-arm and rest her head in my palm.  Now she weighs 20 lbs and crawling!  Part of me misses the late night feedings (yes, I know, who misses 3am feedings?  But there is something sweet about that one-on-one time with your little one) but it is exciting to see all the new things she can do now!  Ian tumbles around on the floor with her when he gets home from work (she LOVES it!) and we have such fun games we play together!  I'm so excited to see what kind of girl she will grow into!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates of those adorable cheeks! How precious that you can cherish this time! You guys are awesome parents.

    Charity

    ReplyDelete