Thursday, August 23, 2012

Year One

I was looking at the calendar the other day, and realized that we have now lived in Washington an entire year!!  It doesn't really feel like it.   Yes, we have lots of wonderful friends here, and I've finally learned my way around without a gps (most of the time), but I don't feel like a "local" yet. That takes time.

Looking back over the year, there are some things that happened that we were expecting/hoping for, as well as others that didn't occur that we thought would.

What did happen?

We had a baby!!  Awwww... she is such a cutie!!  This was taken at her 3 month "photo shoot."  Ok, it was more like 3 1/2 months.

We bought a house!  Which, we are currently in the middle of painting (hallway: check).  I'm really excited for the new colors!  YES!

We got another kitten!  Oh Rupert, you are so fuzzy!

Ian started a new job at Fluke, which is going really well!

We joined a church out here: Canyon Creek.  Come check it out!  Everyone is so friendly. :)

And what didn't happen?

No earthquakes yet.  Not that I mind!

I didn't get the job I thought I would.  When we moved here, I began looking for an admin job immediately.  A few months in with no nibbles, and I was wondering what was going on, when we realized I was pregnant!  Yay!  That really changed up our plans.  Someday I'll go back to working as an admin assistant, but for now, my job is Mommy!

We still aren't all the way moved into our house.  Hah!  That's what happens when your baby comes 5 weeks early.  Oh well... we'll get there eventually.

Our summer goal (that we made before Willow arrived) was to get the back yard drainage figured out.  Like, dig french drains, take out middle plant island (which is also messing up drainage), etc.  Oh, and build raised beds for next year's veggies.  Looks like that is going to be another year in the process.  At least we're keeping up with the mowing!

We also haven't been hiking up here yet, or camping.  Yup, thought we were going to do those things, since we really love to go!  Maybe we could at least squeeze in a hike this fall.

Ok, well... here's some more pictures of Willow.  Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. Houses and lawns can wait. Babies can't. And you'll get to go hiking and camping again. It's even better with kids!

    I love the gray on the hallway. Can't wait to see the other rooms painted!

    ReplyDelete