Monday, July 30, 2012

A Rough Few Weeks

It's been a confusing few weeks for me.  Though everything is going great for Ian and me personally (Willow growing, got to watch the opening of the Olympics, went to a friend's birthday party, etc.) there seem to be tragedies all around us.

Everyone has heard of the horrific shooting in Aurora in Colorado.  I was just coming to terms with the fact that something so awful could happen in a state I love so much, when I get the call from a close friend here in Washington.  Her brother had informed her that his wife had just delivered her baby still-born.  I started crying.  I just couldn't help myself.  I haven't met her extended family personally, but just the previous day my friend was telling me how excited she was to meet her new niece, and how her sister-in-law should be going into labor any day now.  How could this happen?  The pregnancy was perfect, and they were even planning a home birth with a midwife, which is ideal!  Why would God have someone go full term with a beautiful baby, only to take that away at the last second?  While my friend flies home to be with her family, all I can do is pray for her, her family, the midwife, hospital staff, and all others affected by this painful tragedy. 

Don't get me wrong... prayer is powerful, and I am relieved that we can talk directly to God about anything, including difficult topics such as these.  But I wanted to put some of my thoughts down on "paper" to help process the grieving.  Anyways, I ended up re-reading my mom's blog post about the Aurora shooting, and it brought me comfort.  Maybe it will for you, too, during these difficult times.

http://compost-blog.com/2012/07/24/jesus-wept/


No comments:

Post a Comment